Technical Training Session
ED-78A: a Safety Methodology for New Interoperable and Multi Segment ATM Systems
In association with
This Technical Training Session took place at ATC Global 2013 and was designed to help ATM architects, managers and designers to understand the benefits of the ED-78A methodology and how they can use it to master the specifications of their systems.
The session started within the aeronautical regulatory and organisational context of aviation, identifying and analysing the needs concerning the requirement determination activity for new ATM systems, and its role within the global aeronautical process. The ED-78A methodology was described step by step, highlighting the main objectives and critical points, as well as organisational aspects, and recommendations made.
1. WHY A METHODOLOGY FOR THE REQUIREMENT DETERMINATION OF SYSTEMS? - UNDERSTAND THE ORIGINS AND THE NEEDS FOR A NEW METHODOLOGY
• THE AERONAUTICAL REGULATORY AND ORGANISATIONAL CONTEXT
• NEW INTERNATIONAL CONSTRAINTS, NEW TECHNOLOGIES, NEW CONCEPT
2. THE EUROCAE RESPONSE - UNDERSTAND THE ROLE OF THE METHODOLOGY IN THE DEVELOPPEMENT CYCLE OF NEW ATM SYSTEMS
• DEVELOPMENT OF ED-78A METHODOLOGY
3. A COORDINATED REQUIREMENT DETERMINATION - UNDERSTAND THE PRINCIPLES OF THE METHODOLOGY
4. DISCUSSION & CONCLUSION
- Abdoulaye N’Diaye, Secretary General, EUROCAE (Introduction)
- Pierre Gayraud, PGC - Pierre has participated in many EUROCAE WG, including WG-53, as key expert